REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
The National Surgical Symposium (NSS) is a fantastic platform for medical students, surgical trainees and senior clinicians to present their research, form collaborations and meet the current leaders influencing surgical research and innovation. There will be several talks from prominent and influential guests alongside the presentation of high quality research.
Feedback from the 1st Annual Meeting held last year at the Royal College of Surgeons of England was excellent. This year promises to be even better, with high profile guest speakers, fantastic presentation opportunities and high-quality consultant-led practical workshops.
The National Surgical Symposium 2014 will be held on Saturday 29th November 2014 at the Manchester Conference Centre. This event is supported by the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSE) and the Society of Academic & Research Surgery (SARS).
Come to the National Surgical Symposium to get ahead in your surgical training
- The NSS is one of a few trainee-led surgical conferences in the UK covering all surgical specialities
- Educational conference programme with expert guest speakers
- Fantastic and practical workshops running throughout the day free to attend for all delegates (on a first come first serve basis)
- Fantastic prizes to be won for presentations and performance in surgical workshops
- Special discount accommodation
The National Surgical Symposium is a UK-wide surgical training conference catered for individuals of all stages of their training, for all of the surgical specialties. The educational programme will consist of expert high-profile presentations on a variety of topics related to surgical training and research. There will also be an opportunity for the top abstracts to be presented to the conference audience.
Delegates attending the NSS will also have the opportunity to undertake several surgical workshops delivered by enthusiastic consultant trainers. These workshops will be provided thoroughout the day and must be pre-booked when registering to attend the NSS. The workshops will be free of charge, and booked on a first come, first serve basis. Workshops to be held at the NSS include:
- Foundation Surgical Skills
- Advanced Surgical Skills (now fully booked)
- Core Laparoscopic Skills (now fully booked)
- Orthopaedic Surgical Skills
- Leadership and Management Skills for Surgeons (now fully booked)
All delegates attending the workshops will be provided with a certificate of completion.
Key dates for your diary
- Abstract submission opens: 1st May 2014
- Abstract submission closes: 27th July 2014
- Conference registration opens (Early bird discount): 15th August 2014
- Abstract results released: 31st August 2014
- Early bird discount closes: 26th September 2014
- National Surgical Symposium: 29th Nov 2014, Manchester Conference Centre